After we discuss Parris' YouTube ambitions, we dig in on a couple of noteworthy Netflix releases. First, we discuss why watching '13th' was particularly challenging. Then we lighten the mood and celebrate the brilliance and blackness of 'Luke Cage'. Sweet Christmas!
- YouTube and Creative Ambitions - 00:00:00
- Netflix's '13th' - 00:13:20
- Marvel's Luke Cage - 00:32:00 (Spoilers)
- Incarceration gap widens between whites and blacks (Pew Research Center)
- Tracking State Prison Growth in 50 States (Prison Policy Initiative)
- What to Read After Watching 'Marvel's Luke Cage' (NYT Watching)
- 'Luke Cage' is the blackest thing Marvel has ever done (Washington Post)
- 'Luke Cage' is the blackest show on TV, and I am totally here for it. (UpWorthy)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find us elsewhere on the Internet too!